Thursday 4 April 2013

Four Channel Panels



Today I received two more front panels from Frank. These are my own layout for the Pultec styple EQ. I just laid them all in place on the sub-rack to see what they look like.


The text around the gain control is definitely too big on my layout. The 54dB gain legend is too close to the left hand edge. The font would definitely benefit from being smaller. This problem is made worse by the fact I am using a quarter inch diameter shaft on the gain switch which sets the minimum knob size you can use. In future it would make sense to use the switch with the one eighth inch diameter shaft as this would allow a smaller diameter knob to be used. My horizontal lines look thinner as well but they do line up nicely. I am not sure which I prefer at the moment. Overall not bad. Now I just need to finish all the PCBs so I can complete all four modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment